Sunday, July 13, 2008

Psalm 43:5
“Why are you cast down, O my soul and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God.”

Psalm 73:25-26
“Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Once again I was intrigued by a particular word. This time, I was drawn to the word “turmoil.” Turmoil is defined as being in an agitated state of confusion, disorder; disquiet, commotion, violent agitation, worrying confusion.
Wow! That certainly describes what I feel sometimes, when I give in to the sin of worry and lack of trust and belief in God. I love that the psalmist is talking to himself… he’s asking why his heart is in such TURMOIL and then He speaks truth to himself, he preaches the gospel to himself! He reminds himself to HOPE IN GOD, his SALVATION! I am reminded this morning to preach the gospel to myself. Whatever it is that I am worrying about that may be stealing my peace and causing turmoil within me I must remember to turn my attention to the Gospel to the promises of Hope in God through Jesus Christ. That is why I was also drawn to this verse in Psalm 73. It, also, reminds my soul that God is all that matters.
The answer, then, to turmoil in your soul? Preach the Gospel to yourself! Amen!!!!

No comments: