Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Matthew 12:34b
“…For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”

Psalm 71:8
“My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day.”

Good Morning! I’m still thinking about yesterday’s scripture and how God in His great faithfulness and mercy and love revealed to me the sins of my mouth that remain. Isn’t God so wonderful? No sooner were the words out of my mouth that I desired to honor God with my mouth when He showed me how I still have within my heart the sins of how I use my words. He is so good!!!! What a kind Father to show me my sin and according to God’s Word I have the assurance that I am no longer a slave to this sin and am able to have victory in this area! It was a great reminder of my need of a Savior.

The Matthew Scripture above reminds me of what God pointed out to me yesterday. I can never say, “I can’t believe I said what I said!” or “Where did THAT come from?” The answer is simple. It came from what is in my heart. BUT I have hope because of the gospel! What joy this is! What hope!

Today, as I recall the gospel, my mouth IS filled with praise and with HIS glory! It is so important to preach the gospel to ourselves every day, all day … for as we remember what Jesus did for us at the cross we can’t help but speak praises to God!

So, how do I guard my mouth? I must immerse myself in the Word and recall the Gospel. Doing so, will cause the light to shine in my heart to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor 4:6) . THEN my mouth will be filled with the glory of God! If the gospel is always on my mind, then THIS is what I will speak of!

I’m looking forward to a day where His praises pour forth out of my mouth!

No comments: