Thursday, July 10, 2008

Psalm 40:17
“As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer, do not delay, O my God.”
Psalm 70:5
“But I am poor and needy; hasten to me O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay!”

I so often identify with King David. His life is laid open in the bible for us to see and learn from his life and most of all to see God’s grace at work in his life. I love that David knew who he was. He knew he was poor and needy. He knew He needed God’s help. He knew he needed God’s mercy for his sins, he knew he needed God’s help against his political enemies, he humbled himself and asked for God’s help. Not only did he realize his need for God but he asked God to hurry! It is good to walk our days KNOWING that we need God’s help and delivery. It is good to remember that “apart from Christ we can do nothing!!!!!” (John 15:5) I am reminded this morning that I should not forget to call on the name of the Lord for help!! I must remember who I am in relation to who HE IS!

No comments: