Monday, July 14, 2008

1 Peter 3:18
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.”

My pastor, Steve, preached on a portion of scripture yesterday beginning with this one. He reminded us that it is so very easy to gloss over familiar scripture and that we should really just stop and ponder this one. He is so right! I could totally miss the impact of what this scripture says.

Christ suffered ONCE for sins, the RIGHTEOUS for the UNRIGHTEOUS, that He MIGHT BRING US TO GOD….

AMAZING! I am near to God because Jesus suffered for my sins! He suffered for MY sins!!!! He, who lived perfectly obedient. He, who is righteous suffered for me, the unrighteous so I could be brought near to GOD!!! I once was as far as I could be from God, because of my sin, but he brought me near through Jesus Christ! WOWA!

Steve then brought up that sometimes we don’t “feel” near to GOD! He reminded us that we must not be led by our feelings but by our faith in Christ and in the truth of what the scriptures say. Feelings are not to be trusted! Christ alone is to be trusted!!!

A friend of mine, Monique, had the following quote as her Facebook status today:

“I am being led by faith in Christ not how I feel”

Ponder on that one and be encouraged!

No comments: