Saturday, July 26, 2008

PSALM 119:9,10

“HOW CAN A YOUNG MAN KEEP HIS WAY PURE? BY GUARDING IT ACCORDING TO YOUR WORD. WITH MY WHOLE HEART I SEEK YOU; LET ME NOT WANDER FROM YOUR COMMANDMENTS.”

Lord, I know that apart from You I could never be pure. My best efforts could not keep your Word perfectly! I would be in despair but then I remember Jesus!

Jesus, you lived the perfectly obedient life and then in your great love and mercy you gave YOUR righteousness to me!!! I pray now for your assistance. I want to keep my way pure. Help me to love for and yearn for your Word. Help me not to wander from your commandments. Not because I can be pure of my own doing, but because I love you and I want to keep your ways. You are a GREAT God! You help me to know your Word and you help me to keep it. What you demand of me you give to me by your grace. Oh Lord you are great beyond compare!

No comments: