Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hebrews 4:15-16

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who is in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

For the last couple of days I’ve been talking about needing help in guarding my mouth and how quickly I sinned when I had spoken about wanting to glorify God with my mouth!
Reading this scripture I am so encouraged by the provision of help from God! Jesus too has been tempted in EVERY respect that we are and have been and will be, yet, HE DID NOT SIN! We are told, then, that we can draw near to the throne of grace and receive mercy and grace to HELP in our time of need. God has not left us without help! How kind of God to tell us to draw near and receive help in the form of mercy and grace. God loves us so much that He will help us NOT sin, but if we do, he loves us so much He gives us mercy.
This stirs my heart to desire to obey! Understanding God’s desire to help me makes me want to obey more than I want to speak what’s on my mind. Of course, this doesn’t apply to just the sins of our mouths but all our sins!

This makes me want to SHOUT the praises of God!!!!!

No comments: