Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Psalm 119:133
“Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.”

Psalm 19:13a
“keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins, let them not have dominion over me! ….

I’ve been reading in psalm 119 for the past few days. When I came across verse 133 this morning I was reminded of how I used to pray this scripture or the one from psalm 19 almost daily! Isn’t it wonderful and so kind of God that we can depend on HIM to keep sin from gaining dominion over us!!!! We can go to his throne of grace and receive help in our time of need!!! He will keep us back from presumptuous (with rash confidence;willfull) sins!
I am so thankful that God gives us this example through the psalmist.. that we can/should turn to God and seek help in not sinning! I know that if I am left to myself will always choose to sin!

Thank you God for making yourself available to me through Jesus Christ! I need your help with my sins! I need your help to stop. I need your help to keep me from sinning! Thank you that I can, with confidence, seek your help and expect your help!!! Thank you for this great love and grace!

No comments: