Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hebrews 9:24 “For Christ has entered not into holy places made with hands which are copies of true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.”

Wow! On our behalf. Jesus has entered into heaven and is in the presence of God on our behalf!!!! Jesus stands righteous before God in my place. This gospel truth just blows me away. Other scriptures tell us that Jesus intercedes for us before the Father. Why would I EVER want to rely on myself or my works when I have JESUS in the presence of God on my behalf!? Do not let the amazing-ness of this gospel truth escape your thoughts today. Grasp it, hold on to it and if you are finding yourself less than amazed then ask God to help you be stunned at the beauty of Christ standing in the presence of God on your behalf! Let it stun you. Let it penetrate a chilled heart today. It is absolutely amazing!

No comments: