Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ezekiel 42:20

“He measure it on the 4 sides. It had a wall around it, 500 cubits long and 500 cubits broad, to make a separation between the holy and the common.”

I have been reading through the book of Ezekiel and honestly, it’s been difficult. In the past few chapters as the author writes about cubits and lengths and heights and all the measurements of the temple I admit to stifling many yawns. This morning I breathed a silent prayer saying that I know that EVERY word of Scripture is given to us is God breathed and useful for living. I prayed that God would help me see it. The prayer was maybe one nano second long.

And then…. BAM! I read the last part of this verse, “to make a separation between the holy and the common.” WOW! .. I read that and was reminded that God is HOLY, so perfectly HOLY that nothing can be in His presence other than righteousness and holiness… that pretty much counts EVERYONE out! the common, must be separated from the holy. And then I am reminded of the gospel. Oh, the precious, precious gospel! The good news that CHRIST DIED FOR MY SINS and NOW I can be in the presence of the HOLY because Jesus exchanged my sin for his righteousness! WOW! Jesus made a way for me to be in the presence of the holy. No more separation. Thank you Jesus.

So, in the midst of bleary eyes and yawns in what seems to be the most excruciating longest book in the bible God opened my eyes to this nugget of a scripture and replaced my bleary eyes with teary eyes and yawns with shouts of joy for there is no more separation between God and me! I am his child and He is my Father. Oh Lord, thank you.

No comments: