Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Scriptures to Ponder for today: My 3x5 card for February 20, 2008



Give Thanks! And it's not even Thanksgiving Day!!!! :)







“Let the Word of Christ dwell in your richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him… You are serving the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:16,17, 24b

“But God being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ.. by grace you have been saved… Ephesians 2:4-5

Lord, give me a thankful and grateful heart for everything!

In my Wednesday night bible study that I do with a few ladies, we are studying Jerry Bridge’s book, Respectable Sins, Confronting the Sins We Tolerate. This week's lessons were about the sins of ungodliness and unthankfulness.



These Scriptures remind me to be thankful for EVERYTHING! The very breath I breathe, every beat of my heart, every time something good comes out of my mouth, every good work .. SALVATION! In EVERYTHING I must give thanks! In great circumstances, in poor ones.. I want to thank God for we know that God works all things for good for those who love him and are called according to His purpose! He is making us more like Christ through every thing in our lives, good and bad!! This is worthy of thanks!!!!



We need God for every little thing in our lives. For this we should be thankful and express this to God. As we walk in thankfulness and remember God and give glory to Him, we will walk KNOWING we are in the sight of God! My desire and prayer for today and as a habit of my life is that I would walk in thankfulness to God for everything! I have sinned by taking things for granted. I want to have a thankful heart!

No comments: