Monday, February 18, 2008


Last December I read on the Girl Talk blog ( http://girltalk.blogs.com/ ) a hint of how to keep God's Word before you during the busy holiday season. Carolyn Mahaney, one of the writers of the blog, told of how, in the morning, she writes a scripture, or a prayer, or a quote or something that she wants to ponder on for the rest of the day, on a 3x5 card and carries it around with her throughout the day! I thought it was a great idea!

I started around mid December doing this and decided to carry this out on a daily basis.

So, I purchased a pretty leather 3x5 card holder that holds the current day's card on the outside and previous days cards on the inside. You can see the picture above this entry.

I carry it in my purse when I go out, from room to room in the house...when I have a free moment I look at it, pray through it, meditate on the scripture, pray through the scripture etc.. It's been working great!!!
I realize everyone has a unique way to keep God's Word before them during the day, this one works for me. I will be posting my 3x5 card everyday..to share with you the thought, prayer or scripture of the day.
I pray it serves you and draws your eyes to the cross.
My 3x5 card today:
"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whome the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit... You are a hiding place for me, you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance!"
Psalm 32: 1, 2, 7
"Through grace let my will respond to Thee, knowing that power to obey is not in me, but that Thy free love enables me to serve Thee." (Valley of Vision, p 117, paperback edition)
Have a blessed day! Walk free in the grace and love our of our Lord!

No comments: