Sunday, February 24, 2008

RESCUED, not Right!

Scriptures on my 3x5 card today: Sunday, February 24, 2008

“We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. For Christ did not please Himself, but as it is written, “the reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore welcome one another as Christ as welcomed you, for the glory of God.” Romans 15:1-7

This morning as I read these scriptures I am once again reminded that I have been rescued! I am to live as one who was rescued, not one who is right. I am reminded to depend on God alone through scripture as my encouragement to live in harmony with others. It is important to remember that I have been rescued by Christ Jesus! I did not rescue myself! God Himself opened my eyes to see the beauty of His holiness! God and in HIS great mercy saved me from my sin and HIS wrath!
Oh the glories of God! How great they are!!!!! Oh Lord, help me to live in kindness and gentleness with others and bear the failings of others. Help me to live in kindness and humility. I need you Oh God!

No comments: