Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Do you want to be KIND? or RIGHT?
Good Morning!

“Will you choose to be kind? Or right?” (written in HUGE letters on the side of a building on Rolling Road in Burke, VA)

“As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!” (Psalm 40:11)

“…show kindness and mercy to one another.” Zech 7:9

“Cause me to be a mirror of Thy grace, to show others the joy of thy service… Let me always esteem others better than myself.” (Valley of Vision, p 136 pp edition)

God continues to teach me and speak to me about the fruit of kindness. This is an area that He wants to cultivate. As I realize (by God’s literal handwriting on the wall of this building), that lack of kindness is often the result of wanting to be “right”, being annoyed, .. bottom line? Pride and ungodliness! As God is teaching me about kindness and showing me where I lack in this area the Psalm 40:11 scripture reminds me of the gospel. God shows me my sin and makes me more like Jesus. He does not restrain his mercy from me! WOW! His steadfast love and faithfulness will ever preserve me! I want to be more mindful of his grace than my sin. I cannot outsin God’s grace, nor do I want to! I'm excited to see the fruit of kindness grow in my life!

Have a beautiful day resting in the grace, love and mercy of God!

No comments: