Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good Morning!

My 3x5 for Thursday, February 28, 2008:

Romans 12:1

“I appeal to you therefore brothers by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God which is your spiritual worship.”

Take My Life and Let it Be (Frances Havergal, revised by Chris Tomlin)

Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for thee.
Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my king.
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from thee.
Take my silver and my gold not a might would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use every power as you choose.

::Chorus::
Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for thee.

Take my will and make it Thine it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own; it shall be thy royal throne. Take my love, my Lord I pour at your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee,
Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee.

Listening to this song this morning I was reminded of how each morning I used to get up and pray for God to order my day according to HIS will and purposes. I used to ask God to use my eyes to look at what pleases Him, to use my ears to listen to others and listen to what pleases Him; to use my hands and feet for His glory, etc etc.. and somewhere along the way I stopped praying that!

A couple of weeks ago I began again, though sporadically. Today, when I heard that song I know that by God’s grace I have the desire to consecrate myself to the Lord again on a daily basis.

I did that the other day. Then, as my day began to go differently than I had anticipated and I began to complain I remembered that I had asked God to order my day! It increased my faith and encouraged me to remember that God, in His sovereignty does indeed order my day and I depend on Him to do so! God, in His sovereignty of course orders my day whether I pray about it or not, however, how much sweeter it is to have consciously dedicated my day to the Lord. I pray I continue to do so with every part of myself!!!

No comments: