Friday, September 26, 2008

2 Corinthians 10:7
“Look at what is before your eyes. If anyone is confident that he is Christ’s, let him remind himself that just as he is Christ’s, so also are we.”

This scripture is an admonishment by Paul to the Corinthians as he is defending his ministry but it speaks to us in 2008 as well! Sadly, many Christians experience the “friendly fire” of other Christians, either in competing ministries or just plain competition, comparing ourselves to one another.

I remember, about 12 years ago I was in a conflict with a brother in Christ and God very kindly yet firmly showed me that this person was as much HIS as I was and I was not to treat my brother, God’s child, badly. I will never forget the day that God showed that to me. Paul did well to admonish us that we should remind ourselves that just as we are in Christ so are our brothers and sisters, and we must love them accordingly!

Oh how I love God’s Word that is as applicable today as it was then!

No comments: