Sunday, September 07, 2008

Psalm 37:5
“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act.”

Lord, it is YOU that has given to me the desire to draw closer to you, to desire to endure to the end, the desire to be faithful. I find, however, that I cannot do it! But I know that by the empowering of the Holy Spirit and by the work of YOUR grace in my life, I can and I will. Because YOU have initiated my relationship with you, because you first loved me, because you chose me, YOU will complete what you began in me. Lord, I need your help. Please assist me to do those things that I am responsible for, to read your word, to preach the gospel to myself daily, to consecrate myself to you daily, to trust in your sovereignty and love… I need your help to do these things. Give me the desire to do those things which is my duty to do. Help me to thirst for you more and more and more. I commit myself to you, Lord. I commit my way to you Lord. I trust in you Lord. I need your mercy and your help and I believe you will do what you have promised. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: