Thursday, July 05, 2007

"One day He got into a boat with His disciples, and He said to them, "Let us go across to the other side of the like." So they set out, and as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. And they went and woke Him saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And He awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that He commands even winds and water, and they obey Him?"

Luke 8:22-25



I read this scripture this morning and wondered to myself, "Why did I read this and not marvel?" Sometimes I read scripture and just pass over it like it isn't anything marvelous! Do you? And then I began to think, "How CAN I just pass over a sentance like, "And He awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm" and NOT marvel!!!!??? It is a fantastic thing to be able to rebuke the winds and calm the raging waves. Can you imagine being present and watching Jesus do this? I imagine jaws dropping and hitting the deck of the boat.. how long was it before they could speak? Did they stammer and stutter as they asked the question, "Who then is this?" ? Oh, how I want to marvel at things Jesus did! He walked on water, He calmed the seas, He healed the lame and the blind... Are you starting to get it? WE SHOULD BE in AWE of these things...



BUT.. even MORE amazing is this:

"but God shows His love for us in that "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

how about this:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

one more:

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."



Do reading these Scriptures cause you to marvel!? Are you AMAZED by grace? Jesus bore the wrath of God and took the punishment for your sins and mine!!!! Oh christian, be amazed!! Marvel at God's great grace!





Are you amazed yet? I am now indeed amazed this morning but I confess that there are some mornings that I simply am not. I'm too busy, or my heart is too hard. Join me in prayer....



My Lord and my God, I come to you this particular morning amazed and I marvel at Your great deeds, yet I confess that I am not always amazed. I often take your gifts of grace for granted ... Lord, my prayer this morning is that you would change my heart so that I am always at amazed at your grace and the great gift of salvation! I am even amazed as I think how your grace is what causes me to marvel and be amazed!!!! Oh Lord, I want more, please give me more of your grace for it is the only way I will love you more, it is the only way I will remain amazed. Increase my affections for You, increase my love for Your Word. Oh Lord, help me to walk through this day amazed by Your Word, by Jesus, by Your great gift of grace!!! Amen.

No comments: