Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My Lord and my God, I come to you on this day of celebration of America's Independance. Most gracious God please have mercy on our nation. You have been so generous and so kind in your dealings with America. Lord, how I long for you to be glorified by this nation. Lord, how I long to glorify your name. I pray Lord for you to open the eyes of those who do not know their need of a Savior. Help them to see their depravity and respond to You with faith and repentance. Lord, please protect our soldiers as they serve in Iraq and Afganistan. Lord, may these soldiers serve YOU as they serve their country. There are many soldiers who do not know you Lord through Jesus Christ. May these soldiers hear the gospel and respond to the gospel.
Lord, I pray that we in this country would turn from our sin and turn to you. I pray Lord that the politcal pundits on both sides of our democratic process would use words of kindness rather than cutting words of sarcastic barbs. Lord, I pray for Republicans and Democrats ... that you would reveal to them that no law or legislation will change a heart, but only Jesus Christ! Oh Lord, help our nation!
Thank you that we can freely worship you in this country! May you be glorified this day as we celebrate Independence day. In Jesus precious name I pray .. Amen.

Psalm 119:28-29
"You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;you are my God; I will extol You. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever."

No comments: