Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!" Psalm 35:2-3

“We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19

Over the years I have come to love hymns. They are rich and full of biblical truths.
Tim Challies wrote about hymns on his blog <"http://www.challies.com> the other day and wrote out the lyrics to one of my favorites. I thought I'd include that hymn here today as our prayer to Jesus, thanking Him for who He is and what He has done for us. If you know it sing it to the Lord today! If you don't.. prayerfully read the lyrics and exalt the name of the Lord with me!

My Jesus I love Thee (Will­iam R. Fea­ther­ston, 1864; Fea­thers­ton was on­ly 16 years old at the time)

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree.
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I will love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I will ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I will sing with the glittering crown on my brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

No comments: