Friday, June 16, 2006

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake of asleep we might live with Him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10

Lord, this truth that, I have not been destined for wrath but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, is astounding. It speaks, no it screams, of Your great love and mercy towards those You save. I am deserving of Your wrath for my sins are great and yet I have been destined to obtain salvation. Oh God, may my gratitude to You for Your great mercy increase! May my devotion to You increase! May my love for You increase! Increase my faith! Increase my obedience to your ways. Help me to desire to walk in Your ways. Be glorified O Lord! Lord, help me to encourage my brothers and sisters with this truth. Help me to build them up. Lord, help me to remember what could have been BUT instead You saved me! Lord, help me therefore to walk in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ (Philippians 1:27). Help me to continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the Gospel(Colossians 1:23). Thank you that your mercy and grace are great!
Be glorified Lord, be glorified! In Jesus name.. amen

No comments: