Monday, August 27, 2007

Quotes from my Pastor's (Steve Whitacre) sermon yesterday:

"The Son of God bears the wrath of God for the people of God."

"The anger of God was poured out for every sin of every person that Jesus came to save."

"For the Christian, every sin was punished. Every sin is forgiven. This should bring great joy!"

"It is finished... if you are a christian there is no more wrath left for you."


My Lord and my God! Thank you for your death on the cross. Thank you for drinking the cup of God's wrath for my sin! Thank you Jesus that because you did bear the wrath of God for my sin, I will never bear the wrath of God. Thank you that because you willingly went to the cross for my sin I do not have to cower in fear of God when I sin, but I can go to Him with confidence of receiving grace. Oh Lord, thank you for capturing my heart with the beauty of Christ. Lord, may my response be increased love and affection for you and help me bear the fruit of obedience. I need Thee every hour! My Lord and My God. Thank you.

No comments: