Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My son Patrick has been in Iraq for over a year now. God has been so merciful to us, to him, to his fiancee... we have moments of worry and then God builds up our faith in his great kindness and mercy. In one of my "mommy" moments I wrote the following poem. I had a day of reminiscing and then wrote what was on my heart...needless to say I am very proud of my son. May God bless him and all those soldiers who sacrifice their lives, hearts and minds for what God has called them to do.

MY Hero

a little boy
pudgy
so cute
JI JOE!

"MERICAN HEWO"!

a growing boy
moving to va
crying
sad
new friends!
phil
josh
matt
mark
doug
nells
play war
paint gun wars
a college boy
rotc
twin towers
pentagon
"I must help"!
"let me give blood"!
NO!
too dangerous downtown
today
a
MAN
a
SOLDIER
airborne
iraq
a
war
no!
too dangerous!
"I must go"
"I must help"
a
war
a soldier
my
son
my
American Hero!

No comments: