Friday, February 13, 2009

CROWNS

Psalm 103; 2a, 4b

"Bless the Lord, O my soul...who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy."

This piece of Scripture affected my soul today! Jesus wore a crown of thorns. Jesus suffered by the crown that was thrust upon His head yet the believer in Christ is crowned with God's steadfast love and mercy!!!!

This is what adorns us day in and day out, morning, noon and night. We are wearing a crown of God's steadfast love and mercy upon our head! Do you see it? Do you see the beauty of this? Do you see the grace? I can hardly get my mind and heart around the beauty and significance of this precious, priceless gift we receive by faith through Jesus Christ.

Oh Lord, my desire is to walk in a manner worthy of You . Help me to respond to your graciousness and mercy with increasing obedience and love. Jesus, thank you for wearing a crown of thorns so I could be crowned with God's steadfast love and mercy. Thank you for satisfying me this morning with your steadfast love. Amen.

No comments: