Monday, January 19, 2009

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day in the USA. Tomorrow is the inauguration of our first African American president. The historical significance of these 2 days right next to one another should not go unnoticed! It truly brings tears to my eyes as I think where we were in this country 46 years ago regarding race relations and where we are now! God has been kind.

A young friend of mine wrote on his blog that on these two days we should set politics aside and see the goodness of God in regards to race in this country. Oh, I think we have a long way to go, but I am grateful to God for how far He has brought us.

Please read my friend's blog: http://thegatheringonline.blogspot.com/2009/01/power-of-dream.html and set politics aside today and tomorrow. Pray for our president.

Thank you God for giving MLK a dream!

No comments: