Friday, December 19, 2008

It's been a while since I've written. Tis the season of business and all that.

As I write this my son Pat and his wife and 2 dogs are on their way here for Christmas!
This morning I have had a moment of emotional gratitude to God for this past year. Just a little over a year ago Pat returned from a 15 month tour in Iraq. Within a month of his return he was married and has spent the last year living in North Carolina and now Georgia.

God has been so kind and merciful to us. I am so grateful I cannot even express it to its fullest extent!

I just want to give God the glory and I repeat this Scripture that was on my heart the week he returned from Iraq:

Blessed be the Lord!
For He has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
My heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to Him."
Psalm 28:6-7

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that in the business of preparing for Christmas you stop and, as cheesy as this sound, count your blessings. Count the ways God has blessed this year! The biggest blessing, of course, is that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for our sins." EVERYTHING else is gravy!!!
The blessing of salvation is enough, yet, God repeatedly blesses us! His mercy and generosity are beyong compare!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: